What does ECDL / ICDL Advanced Database cover?
The main areas covered in the ECDL Advanced Database (AM5) Syllabus are:
1. Table Design:
With the ECDL / ICDL Advanced Database certification you can prove your mastery of many advanced table design tools within database applications.
Acquire the skills to use field and column features to apply and modify data types and to create and edit lookups, validation rules, input masks, default values and set mandatory data fields.
Demonstrate your skills in using relationships and joins to collect data from different tables and place them into a single form, report or query.
2. Query Design
The ECDL / ICDL Advanced Database syllabus covers a wide range of valuable advanced query design options that allow you to:
- Extract clear, accurate information from databases by using powerful crosstab and wildcard queries to convert large quantities of information into useful formats
- Create and use queries to update data in a table, delete records in a table, save selected information as a table or append records to a table
- Use query formulas to group information and/or use functions in a query
- Use functions available to refine queries into meaningful, relevant management information.
3. Form Design
- Use the control functions to create bound and unbound controls
- Create and edit a combo box, list box, check box and option groups
- Create arithmetic and logical expression controls
- Set sequential order controls on a form and create and modify sub-forms
4. Report Design
- Use calculation functions to create arithmetic, logical or calculation controls in a report
- Calculate percentages in a report
- Create running summaries and use formulae or expressions for calculation purposes in a report
- Use the presentation features of the application to modify report design
Record and run simple macros and assign a macro to a form, report or control.
6. Import, export and link data:
Use the powerful data management tools of the database application to import and export text, spreadsheets, csv, dBASE or Paradox files into a database or to link external data to a database.